In FIFO configuration (First-In First-Out), the pallets are loaded in the gravity lanes on the entry side (the highest point). The slope then carries the pallets from the loading point to the retrieval point. When a pallet is unloaded, the next pallet automatically takes its place thereby ensuring that the goods are constantly available.
FIFO stock management guarantees stock rotation as the first pallet to be loaded in a lane is the first pallet available at the picking face on the retrieval side. This management method is particularly efficient for perishable goods.
- Automatic control by date
- Automatic control by quantity
- First-In First-Out (FIFO)
- Permanent stock control
- Space saving: uses 60%-100% less space than conventional storage systems
- No intermediate aisles: only one for loading and another for unloading
- Fast handling and picking: goods are always available at the picking place
- Low maintenance
- No energy consumption
- Long service life
- High profitability: ROI in less than 2 years.
- Low labor costs: fewer operators required.
- Reduced forklift truck operation.
Long experience in design, consulting, quality and installation based on more than 1.5 million pallet positions built and installed in the last 25 years.